St. Mary's Church
St. Mary's Church Web Site
St. Mary’s Church
St. Mary’s is the Parish Church of Theydon Bois. It is a happy, flourishing church family and part of the Theydon Parishes Benifice. The Benefice is the coming together of a number of churches (All Saints Theydon Garnon, St Mary the Virgin Theydon Bois, and the joint parish of St Michael’s Theydon Mount and St Mary the Virgin Stapleford Tawney).
We hold a variety of services that meet a wide range of needs and have a thriving Junior Church. We are able to call on many different talents, both spiritual and practical, amongst the worshippers. Worshippers enjoy lovely church buildings and grounds as well as a nearby church hall, which together provide ample space for every kind of church activity.
For further details and service times please see our website.
The original church of St Mary the Virgin was situated on the road between Theydon Bois and Abridge and although no trace of the building is left there is a memorial inscribed with the names of some of the parishioners who were buried here. The present building was designed by Sidney Smirke, who designed the Reading Room at The British Museum, and was completed in 1850.
Further information can be found on our website.
Last updated: 24th November 2017